30 juni 2018

New patterns in Quiltemagasinet

Just wanted to show you 2 of the projects I did for the Scandinavian Quiltemagasinet issue 3/2018.

The first one is a quilt with Star-in-a-star block!

Fresh summer colors; reds, light blues and lime greens.
And dots!
Love dots.

12 blocks, and the issue have of course step-by-step-instructions how to make the block. I used a fool-proof way of making the flying geese units, to save on time and fabric yardage!
And I found the perfect sashing fabric, a narrow reproduction border print, which was cut into strips.
Good idea right? You could use another border print- and make perfect sashing!
Measure first, then cut you strips.



The second pattern is the "Sunshine on a Grey Day table runner", made with Lotta Jansdotters Lemmikki collection. 

Love the modern prints.
Easy piecing, with strips and larger rectangles.
Quilting? Done with my favorite thread, Aurifil 50wt, on my Janome Horizon 8900 machine: My favorite quilting seam, the 3-stitch zig-zag & using the walking foot!




1 kommentar:

Radka sa...

Wow, I love the runner!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Populære innlegg